Tax Alert Act Amending and Complementing the Personal Income Tax Act
- Submission of Tax Returns regarding Income Taxable with a Final Tax
The deadline for submission of tax returns regarding income taxable with Final Tax shall be:
(a) by the end of the month following the quarter of the tax payment – when the tax return is filed by the payer of the income;
(b) in the time limits for tax payment under Art. 67, para. 1 of the Personal Income Tax Act – when the tax return is filed by the owner of the income.
VII. OTHER CHANGES
- Extending the Definition of “Employment Relationships”
The provisions of Art. 26 of §1 of the Additional Provisions of the Personal Income Tax Act has been extended so that the definition of “employment relationships” shall already include the following:
– relationships related to lease of labour power from a foreign person when the work is performed in Bulgaria as well as relationships related to lease of labour power of a Bulgarian individual by a foreign person when the work is performed out of Bulgaria;
– relationships between the employer and a Bulgarian or foreign individual when the relationship is established by virtue of a lease of personnel agreement between the employer and a third person (the person who is party to the agreement for lease of personnel by a foreign person is deemed as employer);
– relationships under management agreements, including agreements with members of company management and control bodies.
This Tax Alert has been prepared by DELCHEV & PARTNERS for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this without seeking professional counsel.