Veselina Petkova focuses on the various aspects of corporate taxation, including VAT advice and litigation, corporate income taxation, international taxation and excise. Ms. Petkova has advised numerous clients on the tax aspects of their business transactions in Bulgaria and has provided assistance in multiple tax audit and tax litigation proceedings supporting the clients on every stage of the tax audits through the final resolution of the tax disputes in court. Her expertise in various tax fields allows her to review each case from different angles and come up with the best practical solution.
Veselina Petkova also works in the field of personal taxation and social security of employees and expatriates and her experience in the field complements her other main area of expertise – employment advice. She works in close cooperation with the HR departments of various clients supporting their day-to-day work and providing advice on various employment issues and disputes.
Veselina Petkova is an author for various tax and legal journals contributing analyses and articles focusing on different taxation aspects.
- OMV Bulgaria OOD, a leading chain in the retail and wholesale of petrol products in Bulgaria, on the tax aspects of its customer loyalty program Save & Drive.
- Sika Bulgaria EOOD, on the preparation of the transfer-pricing documentation of the company.
- Europipe GmbH, a company specialized in the production of welded steel pipes. on the tax aspects of supplies of pipes for the first line of the South Stream Offshore Pipeline, running through Bulgarian waters in the Black Sea.
- Steinmueller Engineering GmbH (Germany), on the appeal of a VAT refund denial act, issued by the Bulgarian tax authorities.
- Brown-Forman Inc. – Bulgarian Branch, the Bulgarian branch of Brown-Forman Inc., owner of some of the world famous brands in the liquor industry (including Jack Daniel’s whiskey and Finlandia Vodka), on the court appeal of a tax assessment act issued by the Bulgarian tax authorities on all court instances.
- OMV Bulgaria OOD, on the contemplation, development, set-up and launch of an entirely new business process – fuelling of aircraft at the Sofia Airport.
- Fox International Channels Bulgaria EOOD, on the development and implementation of company employment policies in respect of labour discipline, vacation policies and schedules and in the preparation and maintenance of the overall employment documentation of the company, including employment agreements, job descriptions, staff schedules, personnel files, etc.
- L’Oreal Bulgaria EOOD, on various matters concerning labour and social security law regulations – conclusion of labour contracts and preparation of job descriptions; dismissal of personnel and termination of employment contracts; preparation and adoption of internal regulations, business ethic codes, staff schedules, vacation schedules, etc.; implementation of company employment policies.
- Sofia University, Master of International Relations;
- Sofia University, Master of Law
English, French, Spanish, Russian